If people couldn’t talk, there would be various processes for sticking labels on their temples too. Label printing is, as the name implies, simply the process of printing labels on an item.
In layman terms, it is often referred to as the process of giving an object a name, but it performs more functions than that! Without a label, you would not only be depriving your product of a tag but also its and your brand’s entire identity!
Why do we need label printing?
There are many reasons which endorse the need for label printing in any typical business!
- Label printing gives the item an identification! If products didn’t have labels for us to identify, your trip to departmental stores and super-markets would be much longer.
- Label printing benefits in product marketing. Some products easily appeal to the eye just by looking at the labels on them. There also might be a picture or a tagline that persuades the customer to take an item home.
- Label printing provides information and description. How does one know a product? Can the red colour of a ketchup bottle signify that it’s made from hundred per cent tomatoes? Or, can a large bottle imply that your drink is 180ml? A label provides various important information about the product. Labels are the special friend of fit people who monitor their calorie consumption.
- Labels can aid in product comparison! Whenever we have to choose between two products, we turn to the label tags to guide us in making an informed decision. From price, ingredients, features to the quantity of any product! Labels can familiarise us with any information we need to choose the right product.
- Labels can guide the customer on the proper usage of a product. We see a tag saying, “Store in a cool and dry place”, and we become informed about the storage of the item. Similarly, if a sticker on a particular medication says, “Only sell with a prescription”, it guides the pharmacist about the need to see prescription before selling.
What are the different types of labels?
There are various types of labels that are used in several different products. Every kind has its own speciality in use or style, which authorises each of them for distinct usages!
Expanded Content Labels –
These labels are created to cover the expanded space on a product. They can easily curl or pop out of the product!
Shrink Sleeves Labels –
A shrink sleeve label is heated to take the shape of a container and cover it entirely.
No Label Look Labels –
A no label look label is fabricated from a transparent and clear coating. This label gives the product a fresh look.
Tube Labels –
As the name suggests, a tube label is a label that takes the form of a tube when attached to a product.
Metallic Labels –
A metallic label is generally used for aesthetical purposes! This look is highly sought after in cosmetics and decor.
Special Effect Labels –
Special effect labels are also famous in the cosmetic industry! They are available in glitter, caramel, foggy, and so many more designs.
Re-Sealable Labels –
As the name suggests, re-sealable labels are the kind of labels that can be removed and then reapplied for various purposes.
Multi-Layer Labels –
Multi-layer labels are also called peel-off labels! These are the kind of labels with two to three layers to peel them off.
Embossed Labels –
Embossed or engraved labels are usually used for aesthetical designs and nameplates. The letters in an embossed label come out a little bit to give it a luxurious look.
Scratched Labels –
As the name suggests, these labels can be scratched off any product. These are generally used for consumer competitions such as lottery tickets or gift winning codes!
Screen Protection Labels –
As the name suggests, these labels are particularly used for screen protection on electronic items.
These are just a handful of types of labels! There is a wide variety from which you can choose the labels for your products!
What are the methods of printing labels?
There are three methods of label printing! Each of these methods is required for its unique qualities.
Screen Printing –
This kind of printing is performed through a photo-sensitive coating being exposed to light. It provides a very creamy and thick coating! Screen printed luxury labels are highly in demand.
Digital Printing –
These labels are digitally printed through design softwares. These are very good for cost-cutting and vivid colouring. Some of the most sought after digital label printing Noida.
Flexographic Printing –
This method uses smooth flexible ink, and transfers it to the product through plates! This method is good for stability and durability.
There you go, now you know everything you need to know about the philosophy of label printing!