Variable data printing (VDP) is used to generate high-quality customised product labels that draw attention to your products. These labels include container-specific information that helps with logistics and informs consumers. Here are a few benefits of using variable data printing for labels-
- Save Money and Time- Variable data printing makes use of a digital file for designing and a spreadsheet for information. The press is simply set to print a variety of labels in one run without having to stop the presses. There’s no need to switch plates to make several versions of the same label. You can keep expenses down by grouping same-size labels in a single run because the per-label cost of any order reduces as the quantity increases. As a result, you’ll be able to manufacture variable labels more quickly and at a lower cost.
- Personalise your Label Art- With variable printing, you can modify and communicate your message to a certain portion of your audience. If your product is sold all over the country, locally-inspired writing or artwork can leverage the power of regional pride. If your product’s topic is related to music, emotion, or seasons, variable printing can be used to highlight a variety of elements, such as famous quotes, unique colour patterns, or cultural phrases and slogans.
- Make use of design layout for Multiple SKUs- Variable printing is not just about diversifying your label’s artistic image. In general, beauty goods must squeeze a lot of information into a tiny space, including the product name, intended use, net quantity, ingredients, and cautions, as well as colour variants. As a result, these businesses can use many SKUs, each requiring its own label. Instead of rewriting each file for each SKU, you may print labels for different colours and SKUs using a single design version and a single variable data spreadsheet.
- Use Serialised Labels to Keep Track of your Products- It’s possible that you’ll require a system that keeps track of all your parcels, shipments, and merchandise. The answer is serialised labels. You can track information with serialised barcodes and consecutive number labels. As a result, it’s easier to check warranty claims and track down missing items. Without having to create different designs for each product, variable printing allows you to include barcodes, QR Code Labels, UDIs, catalogue numbers, and lot numbers in a systematic manner.
- Scratch-Off and Promotional Labels- Sometimes the best approach to engage your audience and stand out is to have a good time. You can make speciality short-term promotions with a variable data spreadsheet. On your promotional game piece, direct mail promotion, scratch-off label, print winning access codes, discount codes, or personalised text.
Variable printing isn’t just for big businesses; nevertheless, you’ll need to engage with a label printing company that specialises in digital printing. At S.A Packaging, we can help you employ variable printing to create eye-catching labels for your items and secure the integrity of your inventory with printed tracking data. Contact us today to speak with one of our specialists about your company’s variable data printing project.